DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
Degree Levels: Master’s/PhD
Grant Periods: 12 – 24 months (Master’s) & 36 Months (PhD)
Deadline: Aug-Oct 2018 (annual)
Fields of Study:
Masters or PhD courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Full Time/Part Time: FT
Number of Recipients: Limited
Eligibility / Conditions:
• Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 at the beginning of the study course; a minimum German language level of A2 at the time of application. In addition, German language proficiency at B1 level are highly recommended.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.