The Project for Human Resource Development Scholarship by Japanese Grant Aid (JDS)
Degree Levels: Master’s
Grant Periods: 2 (two) years
Fields of Study:
Fields of study correspond to and deal with the target Priority Areas for the social and economic development of Cambodia. They are the following: 1. Infrastructure Development 2. Private Sector Development 3. Improvement of Education Equality 4. Agriculture and Rural Development 5. Improvement of Urban Living Environment 6. Improvement of Healthcare andSocial Security System 7. Improvement of Administrative Funcitons 8. Legal and Judicial Development 9. Building of International Relations
– Hiroshima University
– Tokyo University
– Kobe University
– Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
– Hiroshima University
– Nagasaki University
– Meiji University
– Nagoya University
– Ritsumeikan University
Full Time/Part Time: FT
Number of Recipients: 24
Eligibility / Conditions:
1. Nationality – Citizens of Cambodia
2. Age – Between 22 and 39 years old as of April 1st, 2019 (Born on/after April 2, 1979 and born on/before April 1, 1997)
3. Academic Background – Bachelor Degree authorized by the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) or other countries
4. Work Experience: – Currently employed in the Target Organizations as a full-time employee (Except contract staff). – Required at least 2 (two) years of work experience including a period of probation as full-time employee in the target organizations at the time of application (Part time jobs and volunteer activities are not counted as work experience).
5. English Proficiency – Have a good command of both written and spoken English. – TOEFL 500-550 / IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is preferable (not required)
6. Health – Mentally and physically in good health.
7. Others – Females are encouraged to apply.
A person corresponds to the followings is not eligible to apply
– Those who are currently receiving (or is scheduled to receive) another scholarship (including other scholarships of Japan).
– Those who have obtained a master’s or higher degrees overseas under the support of foreign scholarship.
– Military personnel and military civilian employees registered on the active list, and also personnel on temporary leave from the active list
– Full tuition fees
– One round-trip air fare
– Arrival allowance
– Accommodation allowance
– Monthly scholarship
– Subsidiary allowance for purchasing books
– Subsidiary allowance for shipping
– Subsidiary allowance for traveling and seminar
– Overseas travel insurance
– Supports from the agent: Finding accommodation, Initial settlement of your life in Japan and Emergency situation etc.
How To Apply:
Application guideline and documents can be found on the following link -> http://jds-scholarship.org/country/cambodia/apply.html
The Project for Human Resource Development Scholarship by Japanese Grant Aid (JDS) has been started in Cambodia since 2000. Up to the present, total of 416 Fellows have been sent to Japan. JDS is now inviting potential applicants who understand its aims and are interested in 2 year master degree program at Japanese accepting universities for the academic year 2019-2020 The academic program will be provided in English.